Unique opportunity to introduce the data science capability for a company that's investing £2 million in growing their tech team.
The largest online bingo website in Europe.
Last year, they were acquired by one of the largest businesses on the FTSE 100.
They currently have 500 employees.
The tech team
Their tech team is just over 200 in size but they've just set aside £2 million to grow this team to 250 in the next 12-18 months.
Tech is split into 5 teams.
- Game Studio (90)
- Platform (30)
- Player experience (4)
- InfoSec + IT (25)
- Data team (8)
They plan to double the data team in the next 12-18 months.
Why work here?
They prioritise tech. It's not seen as a cost centre.
There's also a lot of freedom when it comes to what tech they use - it's all about using the right tools for the job.
There's a lot of intelligent people who work here so you'll be challenged (in a good way).
They believe in challenging the status quo.
Their employment engagement rate is really high and they make decisions based on employee feedback.
It's a very inclusive workplace; they've just employed a well-being, inclusion and diversity business partner.
You'll play a crucial role in their data team.
You'll guide and manage a team of data scientists while also actively contributing to data-driven decision-making processes.
To introduce the data science capability.
You'd work closely with engineering, product, strategy and analytical teams to ensure they have the tools and processes they need to deliver on its AI/ML ambition.
Office / working from home policy
They're based in Sunderland at a £8 million tech campus.
You'll work from their offices 3 days a week.
They do this so that everyone sees each other at least once a week.
- Free food & drinks
- They have an on-site cafe, catering for breakfast and lunch
- They also have a range of snacks and hot drinks available
- Dedicated desk
- They don't believe in hot-desking - everyone has their own desk to use when working in the office
- Quarterly bonus
- Additional holidays
- For every year that you work here, you'll get an additional day's holiday (up to five days).
- Private Healthcare
- Define project objectives and deliverables
- Allocate resources, set timelines, and manage project budgets.
- Monitor the progress of projects and ensure they are delivered on time and within scope.
- Actively contribute to data analysis, modeling, and other technical aspects of projects.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to team members.
Strategy and Planning
- Collaborate with business leaders and other departments to identify opportunities for data-driven insights and solutions.
- Develop a data science strategy that aligns with the organisation's goals and objectives.
Data Governance and Quality
- Ensure data quality, data security, and compliance with data privacy regulations.
- Establish data governance practices within the team.
- Implement data documentation and data lineage processes.
Communication and Collaboration
- Effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as engineering, product management, and marketing, to understand their data needs and provide solutions.
Experimentation and Innovation
- Explore new data sources, technologies, and methodologies to improve data science capabilities.
- Continuously evaluate and improve data science processes, tools, and methodologies.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency gains and optimization.
- Foster a culture of learning and skill development within the team.
• Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
• Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Python, R, C#, SQL)
• Hands on experience with ML and deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow and PyTorch)
• Hands-on experience with data tooling (e.g., Airflow, dbt, AWS Kinesis)
Get in touch if you think this role is worth speaking about - email@example.com or book a call in my diary - www.calendly.com/tomhainton
If you have a CV, please apply and attach a copy.