Would you like to work for a company that builds world class apps and digital products in the global lottery, betting, and gaming space?
They’re looking for a Product Owner to join their Newcastle based team.
This position is a hybrid role where you can be in the office as little as twice per month.
A rapidly growing tech company based in the centre of Newcastle.
They’ve been established for over 21 years and have grown from a team of 40 to 90 in the past year.
Culture and team spirit is a super important aspect to the company, and they enjoy a day out together every quarter to celebrate all their hard work.
In fact, they love to celebrate, whether it’s your birthday, a promotion or even your dog’s birthday, they find any excuse to come together!
They have offices in London and the Northeast.
Hours are 9-5.30pm, however when life gets in the way, they're flexible.
You'd be the product champion and would represent the customer, stakeholders and the business.
You'd have responsibility of management of the product backlog and is the final decision maker for the prioritisation.
You'd be an expert user and would ensure the product creates value for customers, users and the business and drives the product vision.
You will create processes and prioritisation scoring matrix, to aid prioritisation and ensure the product vision is being implemented and released to customer efficiently.
Key Skills & Attributes
- Strong communication skills to clearly articulate product vision and requirements
- Can make decisions based on facts
- Ability to lead and inspire the scrum team, stakeholders and mkodo
- Ability to work with internal and external customer/stakeholders at varying levels
- Experience in software delivery, specifically scrum software delivery lifecycle
- Drive the pace of changes delivered to the market
- Represents the company to the public in customer events, demonstrations and trade shows
The Product Owner is accountable for maximizing the value of the product resulting from the work of the Scrum Team This will include:
- Creating and implementing product owner processes for efficient
- Defining scoring matrix for prioritising product backlog items.
- Prioritising the product backlog to deliver high value items to market
- Ensuring the product backlog is accessible, visible and clearly communicated to all
- Understanding and representing the target customer using domain and industry knowledge
- Promote and champion the product internally and externally
- Decision maker on accepting items into the product backlog
- Co-ordinate and communicate requests from customers, stakeholders and mkodo for product improvements
- Ensure internal scrum teams always know the next item to be delivered
- Defining and describing the required user experience on product features
- Ensure product information is relevant, up to date and accessible to stakeholders
- Attend all scrum ceremonies
- 24 days holidays + a day off for your birthday + bank holidays (increased with tenure or promotion)
- Employee led social events
- Learning and development annual budget
- Apple discounts
- Free eye test with £100 towards your new glasses
- Annual free tech book upon joining and on your first work anniversary
- Cycle to work system
- Discounts on a number of online retailers
- Tech scheme- Interest free loan of up to £2,500 that can be paid off over a year to buy anything tech related (new phone or laptop)
- Annual bonus scheme
- Profit share scheme after 12 months which is roughly an additional £500 every 3 months
- 1-week sick pay paid annually
- Supplies of fresh fruits, cereals, biscuits, nibbles, etc. in the offices
- Friday-evening beers
How To Apply
If you feel you have the required experience and would like to explore this role further, please apply via this advert and/or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Don't worry if your CV isn't up to date, we can sort that out later.